Saturday, March 16, 2013

Drunk on Sunshine




I <3 TOMS!
With every pair you buy, the company gives a pair of new shoes to a child in need.


Today had a beautiful spring-like energy. The skies were blue, sun was shining, and people of all ages were meandering the sidewalks. I parked near the library and slipped my Ergo carrier (love this product!) on over my head. As I opened the back door to free my little one from his car seat he was smiling and kicking, his arms outstretched. Lately, he has been battling one illness after the other, so it is refreshing to see him healthy and in good spirits again. We headed west toward the water, stopping  to purchase a decaf latte and peak in the boutique windows along the way. It's funny how much attention <del>I</del> Finn gets whenever we are out in public. The grandmas especially love him. They grab his hand, tickle his toes, and coo sweet words, and he smiles and hides his face. It's sooo stinkin' cute! We, north westerners, haven't seen much sun lately so everyone was out soaking it up. We walked along the water for almost three hours. Well...I walked while Finn bounced, played, jabbered, and snoozed. We passed families of all different sizes and ages and I couldn't help but think about our future. Life flies by so fast. Ultimately, this will be the last summer that I will be able to go for long walks with Finn snuggled closely to my chest in his carrier. Mostly because he will be too big for me to carry for long distances. But also because as he continues to grow in size, he will also grow as a person. He will gain confidence and independence and want to explore on his own. He will want to run out in front of us as we walk and will likely grumble when I tell him he has to hold someone's hand. I am excited for all the things we will experience together as a family and all of the memories we will make but I'm going to squeeze him just a little tighter and snuggle him a little longer while I still can. Oh, my dear baby boy. He will probably never fully understand just how positively he has impacted my world, or the extent of my love for him. But I am going to do my best every day to show him. Love with all your heart today because you will never get this day back and tomorrow might be too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...