Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Week #2

MONDAY- Ooops! I forgot it was "Meatless Monday" :(
  • Breakfast - .75 c mixed berries + 1/2 c oatmeal with slivered almonds and a few raisins + 1 HB egg + 24 oz water
  • Lunch -24 oz water + 12 oz rooibos tea + 3 oz Salmon + 1/2 cup cucumber tomato salad 
  • Snacks - handful of nuts + 1 champagne mango + 1 chocolate smoothie when I returned home from work (coconut milk, cocoa powder, chocolate greens powder, 1/2 scoop spirutein protein powder, 1/2 banana and ice) + 16 oz Kombucha
  • Dinner - Riced cauliflower, sweet potato, shredded chicken, diced tomato, and avocado.
  • Dessert- Homemade triple berry crisp (grain-free)
This crisp was even delicious served cold

TUESDAY-
  • Breakfast - 1/4 c oats, chia seeds, cocoa powder, almond butter, coconut milk, sliced banana + 24 oz water + 12 oz Good Earth Original tea
  • Snack - 24 oz water + 12 oz Good Earth Original tea
  • Lunch - Carrots, celery, and cherry tomatoes with 2 oz of Sabra classic hummus --> contains soy oil and natural flavoring, but they were free at work and I didn't wake up in time to make a lunch. Eating healthy takes proper planning and a little more time, which I did not have this morning after hitting the snooze button a few times. Oops! :) 24 oz water + 12 oz Rooibos tea
  • Snack -Chocolate Smoothie (1/2 banana, frozen berries, coconut milk, water, cocoa powder, chocolate greens powder, and half scoop spirutein protein.
  • Dinner: grass-fed beef tacos on lettuce wraps, topped with tomato and avocado. To stretch the beef, I added sautéed squash and bell peppers. I also served a side of watermelon.
  • Exercise - 50 squats, leg lifts, and abs while the baby played :)

Taco lettuce wraps with fruit
WEDNESDAY-


  • Breakfast - 1/3 c dry oats cooked with water, cinnamon, coconut milk, and vanilla. Topped with a homemade berry sauce (cooked and pureed -boysenberries, marionberries, vanilla, juice/zest of half a lemon, chia seeds, splash of balsamic, and raw honey) and a dollop of whipped coconut cream.
  • Snack - handful of nuts + green juice (kale, cucumber, ginger, mint, watermelon, pineapple, and water)
  • Lunch - Quinoa topped with vegetable green curry sauce  + 1/2 mango
  • Snack - Craving something sweet so I made chocolate "fudge" (unsweetened cocoa powder, coconut oil, shredded coconut, and a drop of stevia) 
  • Exercise - Went on a 2.5 mile hike with the little one in my front pack. My left knee started hurting about 20 minutes in. :( Stupid knee! We arrived back at the house about 5:20 and I was starved. I sucked down some water and ate a handful of nuts while I started on dinner. 
  • Dinner - Grilled lemon-pepper Mahi Mahi with a zucchini salad (raw spiraled zucchini, kalamata olives, red onions, sun-dried tomatoes, lemon juice, olive oil, sea salt, pepper)
  • Dessert- homemade coconut popsicle

This was my first time eating raw zucchini

THURSDAY -
  • Breakfast - I am running low on groceries so I didn't bring anything from home this morning. I bought 1 cup of oatmeal, 1 tbsp slivered almonds, and 1 banana to have for breakfast with 20 oz water. 
  • Treat - It was one of those days where I just needed something. I forgot my tea ball for my loose leaf so I went to the dreaded Starbucks and ordered a tall half-caff soy cappuccino. I chose soy, even though it was sweetened, because it was organic and non-gmo, while the cow's milk was non-organic.  20 oz water + 12 oz rooibos tea 
  • Lunch - 20 oz water + salad from the salad bar (iceberg lettuce, baby spinach, shredded carrots, cherry tomatoes, sunflower seeds, olive oil, balsamic vinaigrette, garbanzo beans, and 1 oz hummus) + small orange
  • Exercise - 20 minute walk with co-workers (my knee was bugging me the whole way!)
  • Snack - 'Simply Nuts & Fruit' snack pack from Starbucks (the dried fruit did have sugar added but it was a better choice than the nut packs available in the cafeteria with high fructose corn syrup and a bunch of scary additives. 2 slices of organic, sulfite-free ham when I arrived home from work. 
  • Exercise - 50 squats while I played outside with Finn and our pups before dinner. We also split the last popsicle so I could make a new batch of chocolate strawberry pops! 
  • Dinner - Grilled wild-caught salmon seasoned with Penzey's Northwest blend (my fave!) + oven-roasted organic broccoli tossed in olive oil, sea salt, and pepper
  • Dessert - Homemade chocolate strawberry popsicle
Sometimes simple is best

These yummy pops didn't last long at our house!
I spent Thursday evening creating a meal plan for the next two weeks. Here are a few of my meal ideas:

Breakfasts: 
Almond flour pumpkin muffins
HB eggs with fruit
Overnight Oats
Smoothies
Zucchini Apple Spice Muffin

Lunches: 
Tuna-stuffed HB eggs
Massaged kale salad
Broccoli salad
Leftovers
Cauliflower hummus w/ vegetables or wrapped in organic, sulfite-free sliced meat


Dinners: 
Very Green Lentil Soup
Zucchini Noodles with Meatballs & Marinara Sauce
Grilled fish and a spinach salad topped with homemade peach basil vinaigrette
Greek Chicken & Kale stew served over cauliflower rice
Vegetable Green Curry


I love having these $5 bouquets on my table 
I took the weekend off again. I ate mostly healthy, wholesome foods with the exceptions of the evening treats. Saturday, the hubby stayed with the little while he napped and I quickly scurried off to my favorite coffee shop. Next, with a steaming half-caff Americano in hand, I was off to explore the Farmers' Market. I spent an hour wandering the booths, stopping often to admire the produce and craftiness of the locals. That evening  the hubby and I sat around the fire pit, drank a few blueberry ales and made some bomb diggity s'mores. We used organic vanilla wafers, marshmallows, and salted dark chocolate for me and caramel-filled milk chocolate bar for the hubby. YUM!!!






Blueberries and marionberries

Fresh honey wheat bread, zucchini, and white onions

Sunday we spent most of the day catching up on things around the house, grocery shopping, etc. We also went for a walk where I talked the hubby into stopping in a grassy meadow to let the little one run while we did some exercises. We did jumping jacks, squats, push-ups, leg kicks, punches, and more jumping jacks. We even had Finn joining us during our squats! He started copying us half way through our session. SO cute! :) I just love him to pieces. Actually, I love both of my boys with all of my heart. I've been a little sappy this week as it is my last week breastfeeding Finn. We are continuing his evening feeds though Friday and will then be done. So bittersweet. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...