Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Week #1

I am proud to say that week one went quite smoothly. Well,  for me anyways. I can't say the same for the hubby. He did try, but he can't turn down free food (lunch at the office, happy hours with co-workers, or being fed at a golf tourney). Oh, and then there was that pesky beer that kept calling his name. :)

For me,  the first few days were kind of tough. Mostly, because I felt exhausted and was experiencing headaches. This combination did not leave me inspired to cook big meals. However, cooking is sort of a necessity when you can only eat whole foods. I worked through it though. You can check out what I ate below.

MONDAY:

  • Breakfast - I forgot my hard-boiled eggs, so I only had herbal tea, 1 cup of watermelon, 1/2 avocado, and 1/2 organic beefsteak tomato. I also brewed some loose leaf coconut pouchong tea (my new favorite) to drink until lunch. 
  • Lunch- 1 cup of Mexican casserole ("riced" cauliflower, shredded sweet potatoes, shredded chicken, diced garlic, spices) + 1/2 beefsteak tomato, 1/2 avocado, salsa.
  • Dinner - 1.5 pieces homemade frittata (veggies + ham)  + 1.5 cups watermelon (Finn & I were munching on a bit before and during dinner.
  • Snacks - When I arrived home from work I was starving and craving sugar something fierce. So I had a banana, almond butter, and a handful of nuts.  I also munched on a few pieces of ham while I was cooking dinner. 
  • Total water- 40 oz plain water, 12 oz mint melange tea, and 12 oz coconut pouchong green tea.
  • Exercise - 20 minute walk with co-workers
*Notes - I felt exhausted this evening and had a headache. I'm now wondering if it was related to sugar withdrawals because I had a slight one on Tuesday too, but felt great after that.


Mexican Casserole 



Frittata --> fancy word for baked eggs

TUESDAY:
  • Breakfast - 1.5 slices leftover frittata
  • Morning Snack- champagne mango + 1/4 c mixed, unsalted nuts
  • Lunch - Ordering pizza at work so I ordered the broccolini appetizer (broccolini fire roasted in the oven with olive oil and sea salt) which turned out to be pretty small, so I cut up my snack of an apple + whole carrot
  • Dinner- Spinach balsamic salad topped with roasted veggies and crispy bacon + one glass of Pinot Grigio
  • Total water- 48 plain water and 24 oz Peachberry Jasmine Sutra green tea
  • Exercise - 25 minute walk to and from park with Finn + abs and squats


WEDNESDAY-


  • Breakfast- Grain-free almond coconut porridge (almond butter, shredded coconut, vanilla, honey, cinnamon, warm water)  - this kept me satisfied for over 4 hours, which is rare.
  • Lunch- chocolate smoothie (1.5 Tbsp cocoa powder, 1 scoop chocolate greens powder, 1 banana, 1/3 c frozen organic berries, 1 c coconut milk, 1 c water)
  • Afternoon snack- 1.5 cups organic grapes, 3 slices organic oven roasted turkey slices, 1/3 cucumber
  • Dinner- 3 oz salmon, 1/2 cup riced cauliflower, 1 cup homemade vegetable green curry
  • Sweet snack- 1/2 c watermelon
  • Total water- I am horrible about drinking water when I'm at home. I think I only drank 4 or 5 cups of water. 
  • Exercise - Welll...I guess I could count mopping the floors. I did work up a sweat. : ) But, otherwise nothing else. I've been terrible about working out!
Vegetable Green Curry over riced cauliflower

THURSDAY -

  • Breakfast - 2 hard-boiled eggs + 1 white nectarine
  • Lunch - 1/3 cup cauliflower rice with 1 cup leftover vegetable green curry + 3/4 cup watermelon balls 
  • Snack - Handful of unsalted, roasted nuts + organic peach
  • Dinner - 1/2 grilled salmon fillet and a green salad with apples, pecans, and homemade balsamic vinaigrette
  • Sweet Snack - Homemade "fudge" (almond butter, coconut oil, cocoa powder, vanilla, raw honey) + watermelon
  • Total water -  6 cups of plain water at work + two 12 oz cups of peachberry jasmine sutra green tea

FRIDAY-

  • Breakfast - 2 blueberry lemon muffins (made with coconut flour) + fresh blueberries
  • Snack - Handful of unsalted roasted nuts
  • Lunch -  Massaged kale salad with two pieces organic ham slices
  • Dinner - Grilled Mahi Mahi, spicy black beans, fresh guacamole, and cilantro
*I got a few days behind over the weekend so I'm writing from memory. I snack fairly often throughout the day, and can't remember everything I ate Fri, Sat, and Sun... but you get the idea. :)


SATURDAY -

  • Breakfast - 1.5 blueberry lemon muffin + 1/2 champagne mango (Treated myself to a decaf americano with a little bit of cream)
  • Snack - Small handful nuts
  • Lunch - Massaged kale salad + bowl of blueberries and marionberries with a kombucha
  • Dinner - A bowl of roasted veggies (parsnips, sweet potatoes, carrots, red pepper, and yams) + 1/2 avocado
  • Snacks - 2 slices of organic, nitrate-free turkey + carrot sticks
  • Dessert - Homemade grain-free mixed berry crisp (topping = almond flour, toasted coconut, chopped cashews, cinnamon, maple sugar, and coconut oil)

I'm in love!
Stay posted. I'm going to attempt my first
 batch of homemade kombucha soon. 
Triple lemon berry grain-free fruit crisp 
SUNDAY-
  • Breakfast - organic, humane certified eggs with sauteed veggies and crumbled local bacon + small bowl of mixed, local berries
  • Lunch* - Caesar salad, cheeseburger (no bun) with lettuce + tomato, beans, watermelon, and an Alaskan Amber beer + chocolate chip cookie for dessert
  • Snack - Tootsie Pop sucker from our goodie bag + a single scoop of Northwestern berry ice cream on a small cone + lots of water
  • Dinner - We went out for Italian on our way home and I had a few slices of bread, garden salad with vinaigrette on the side, salmon, cucumber salad, and roasted potatoes
  • Snack - A few sweets from our goodie bag --> fruit roll up + Cracker Jack's 
*Dane's office hosted a company BBQ. I decided to just enjoy the day and not worry about any restrictions. It was at a farm/small theme park and we had so much fun! However, I did consume a lot of sugar and didn't feel so hot.

Eek!
 If you look closely you can see I was startled to find
 Finn & Pete the python having a stare down. 


Oh, just cuddling snakes. :) 


Checking out the tractor with his Papa.


Splashing in the water on his canoe ride. 


It was a bee-utiful day @ Remlinger Farms


Looking thrilled to be on his first pony ride with Bumbleberry. :) 

*Sorry, some of these pics may not be that great of quality. All were taken with my phone or Instagram. I don't carry around my nice camera that often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...