Saturday, July 13, 2013

Upcoming Cleanse

Hey food-loving friends!

I'm excited, but slightly hesitant, to announce that the hubby has finally agreed to do a whole foods "cleanse" with me. Every few months, I get to feeling a little sluggish and too dependent on sweets/carbs. Quite honestly, I wish I could simply press the restart button.  But, since this is real life and there is no reset button, a cleanse is the next best thing. It's challenging as I'm going through it, but it truly helps get me back on track. It also reminds me of how good I feel when I properly nourish my body.

Here are the rules for this month's "cleanse":

  • No dairy
  • No gluten-containing grains 
  • No refined sugars 
  • No refined vegetable oils (soy, canola, corn, etc.)
  • No packaged or highly-processed foods 
  • No white potatoes

What to eat:
  • Lots of vegetables
  • Two to three servings of fruit per day
  • Grass-fed meat
  • Wild seafood
  • Eggs
  • Nuts/Seeds
  • Healthy oils (olive, coconut, avocado and flax)
  • Limited amounts of raw honey
  • Lots of water and tea (No soda, beer, juice, etc.)
  • 1 glass of wine, up to 3 times/week - to help keep me sane :)
Another important park to kick-starting my health is to MOVE! Occasionally, I get in a slump and need a reminder of how awesome I feel when I regularly exercise. Not only is it great for muscle tone/fat loss, but it helps me sleep at night. The goal during these next two weeks will be to exercise for at least 30 minutes five days each week

Anyone want to join us?? We start Monday! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...